A Care Co-ordinator needs the qualities described in the previous Support Worker and Team Leader roles. In addition, they need to be able to support and guide Team Leaders and Support Workers and supervise operational requirements for each location including staff rotas.
They also need to comply with all relevant policies and procedures while following ‘Support Plans’ and complete all necessary paperwork. This means being organised, consistent and detail-oriented.
We also expect them to create and develop links in the local community, inspire, develop and motivate their team while being positive and proactive with people leadership skills, plus be part of on-call rota.
Their next step up will be to become an Assistant Manager.
Qualifications & experience needed:
- Level 3 NVQ in Care or Health & Social Care minimum
- Experience within a learning disability field at a Senior Level
- Experience working with other professionals (health, local authority and CQC)
- Experience of Managing Conflict
- Experience of Managing Staff
Training completed in role:
- Willingness and Potential to complete NVQ Level 5