Residential Care Services
Clacton on Sea
We are offering an exciting opportunity at our newly refurbished Mill Lane service for a Deputy Manager to join the team, you may be an experienced Deputy Manager or a Team Leader looking to progress your career
TLC Care Homes are currently one of the fastest growing care providers in the UK, providing Residential Care and Supported Living Services to people we care for who either have a learning disability, an autistic spectrum disorder with associated complex challenging needs and/or a mental health diagnosis.
We support people aged over 16 years old from the South East, Essex, Suffolk and Hertfordshire and pride ourselves on providing caring, personalised support.
To support the Registered Manager in the day to day management and administration responsibilities for a group of identified services within Supported Living – North East Essex. To ensure all aspects of the Management of the Service meet with the National Care Standards Act 2000 and the requirements of CQC, together with all other relative legislative requirements.
Main duties & responsibilities:
Leadership and People Management:
- To lead by example and develop effective teams within the services you are assigned to.
- Develop a positive working environment which nurtures and rewards good practice through a programme of training and development.
- Provide regular supervision and annual appraisal to staff members assigned to you by the registered manager following company procedures and standards.
- To ensure good quality working relationships are built and maintained between staff and the service users they are supporting.
- Take part/lead a range of meetings including service user and Team Leader meetings and staff meetings.
- Work with the Human Resources Manager, Learning and Development Manager and Registered Manager to ensure the recruitment and retention of staff with a positive value base and person-centred approach.
- Provide support and guidance to the staff team.
- Take a lead role in ensuring staff attend all mandatory and refresher training.
- Take part in the senior on call system.
- Ensure staff adhere to the GCSS Codes of Practice and rules, policies and procedures contained in the Staff Handbook.
- Ensure the Service is run in line with statutory and TLC Care and Support in policies and procedures.
- Ensure processes are in place and adhered to in line with the requirements of the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
- Undertake monthly Quality Assessment Audits to ensure a continuously improving service is provided.
- Take responsibility for areas of development or leadership as directed by the registered manager.
- Take a lead role in ensuring service users finances across the services you are designated for are accurate, complete and comply with company regulations.
- Report financial discrepancies to the Registered Manager.
- Ensure staff work and comply with financial systems in line with company policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure information is collated and recorded in line with Quality Assessment System and CQC requirements.
- To attend service user reviews as designated by the registered manager.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures related to the running of the service are adhered to.
- Taking part in the recruitment, selection and development of staff for your designated group of services.
Health and Safety
- Ensure the service meets H&S regulations and guidance.
- Ensure staff team completes H&S training as required.
- To evaluate the risks of, and to protect Service Users from threats to their health, welfare and normal developments from inside and outside the Care Service.
- Take part/complete risk assessments for staff, the service and individuals living there.
- Ensure the premises are kept clean and hygienic throughout.
- At all times work within TLC Care and Support’s H&S policy and procedures.
- Maintaining close contact with families/carers as appropriate, with the consent of the individuals being supported in the service.
- Utilising support services as required, such as Advocacy.
- Implementing/monitoring and contributing to joint initiatives as required e.g. Person-Centred Plans, Health Action Plans.
- Celebrate and share success with service users, colleagues and partners.
Equality and Diversity:
- Ensure equality in the workplace regardless of race, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation or religious belief.
- To ensure that the service provided respects the individual as an adult and equal citizen.
- Support people to express their individuality and uniqueness in all areas of life.
- To act as an ambassador for TLC Care and Support representing the Company where necessary at events and meetings.
- To undertake ongoing continued professional development.
- To uphold the values and ethos of the Company.
- Act as cover for other Registered Managers in the event of sickness, annual leave etc.
- The post requires the holder to do varying shifts, which include early and late shifts. The post holder is required to work weekends as part of a rota and bank holidays when required.
- To undertake such duties and responsibilities reasonably consistent with the role as may be required from time to time by the Registered Manager.
If you would like to save your form and come back to it, or save your details for future job applications please login or register first.