Registered Manager – Residential Living
Residential Care Services
We are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Dual Registered Manager, for our Residential Living services in Halstead, Colchester,Mid Essex.
TLC Care Homes are currently one of the fastest growing care providers in the UK, providing Residential Care and Supported Living Services to people we care for who either have a learning disability, an autistic spectrum disorder with associated complex challenging needs and/or a mental health diagnosis.
We support people aged over 16 years old from the South East, Essex, Suffolk and Hertfordshire and pride ourselves on providing caring, personalised support.
On the main Blamsters site in Halstead. it is a lovely site, teeming with wildlife in the beautiful grounds, and within walking distance to Halstead town centre,
Blamsters Oak is a converted barn and has three bedrooms in the main part of the building with four adjoining self-contained one-person suites.
Duties will include, but are not limited to,
- To lead by example and develop effective teams within the services you are responsible
- Develop a positive working environment which nurtures and rewards good practice through a program of training and
- Provide regular supervision to Team Leaders / Care coordinators & other staff you are responsible for in line with Company procedures and standards.
- To ensure good quality working relationships are built and maintained between staff and the service users they are supporting.
- Ensure the service is run in line with statutory and TLC Care and Support’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure processes are in place and adhered to in line with the requirements of the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
- Develop a culture which enables staff members to maximise their development and create areas of expertise within the service.
- Undertake monthly Quality Assessment Audits to ensure a continuously improving service is provided.
- Manage delegated budgets to ensure resources are used to best effect, in line with company policy and procedure.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures related to the running of the service are adhered to.
- Taking part in the recruitment, selection and development of staff for your designated service/s.
- Ensure the service meets H&S Regulations and Guidance
- Complete RIDDOR and SetSaf reports as required
- Ensure staff team completes H&S training as required
- To evaluate the risks of, and to protect Service Users from threats to their health, welfare and normal developments from inside and outside the service
To be successful in your application, we are looking for individuals who can demonstrate experience & knowledge of the following,
- Health and Social Care Level 3
- 4 years recent and significant experience of working with adults with Learning
- Experience in managing LD residential or supporting living services
- Working in partnership with other
- Managing staff performance including Supervision and Annual Appraisals
- Conditions relevant to people with learning disabilities
- Relevant legislation e.g. valuing people, mental capacity act, deprivation of liberty, Health & Safety
- Ability to communicate to a range of people using different communication methods
- Ability to write reports
- Ability to chair meetings
- IT literate on all Microsoft Applications
This is just a brief outline of some of the duties involved within the role. For a more detailed job description or to speak to someone about the role, contact our recruitment team on 01787 321311
If you would like to save your form and come back to it, or save your details for future job applications please login or register first.