Team Leader – Halstead Colchester
Residential Care Services
TLC Care Homes are currently one of the fastest growing care providers in the UK, providing Residential Care and Supported Living Services to people we care for who either have a learning disability, an autistic spectrum disorder with associated complex challenging needs and/or a mental health diagnosis.
The main purpose of the role is to support the provision of a safe, cost effective, quality service within the local area. This will involve working alongside the Registered Manager in the service delivery to an individual, who has learning disabilities, autism, profound complex needs and/or behaviour problems. You will be leading a team of Support Workers in assisting the person we care for, which enables them to maximise their independence, maintain family relationships and access community opportunities.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Other duties include but not limited to:
• Representing the organisation in a positive way through interaction with external partners, including purchasers, service users, carers, families & communities and to contribute to the organisational objectives.
• Line manager and supervise a team of support workers, ensuring that the teamwork in a proactive and positive way always.
• To ensure that the rights of the individuals we support are always upheld and promoted in accordance with the Company values
• That all issues relating to the safeguarding of vulnerable adults are reported according to policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all records are maintained in accordance with policy and procedure.
• Administer medication in accordance with Company policies and procedures and ensure that medical emergencies are dealt with appropriately.
• Interviewing of new staff.
• To ensure weekly and monthly health & safety checks are carried out
Full time permanent contract
42 hours per week
DBS check paid by the company prior to starting with us.
Full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
Employee Assistance Programme
We know this is a challenging role, so we are hoping to find resilient people who can see this as more than job – this is a chance to make a real difference, that will not only enrich someone else’s life but also yours. We are looking for hard-working and committed people to join their team.
*Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
If you would like to save your form and come back to it, or save your details for future job applications please login or register first.