Team Leader – Weeley Heath, Clacton-on-Sea
Residential Care Services
An exciting opportunity has come up in a new vibrant residential service based in Weeley Heath, just on the outskirts of Clacton with great access to public transport. It is a unique service that has been co-produced to meet the needs of young people aged 18-25, with Autism and complex needs, embarking on their journey to independence. The service will be providing support to four individuals living together.
It is a service that offers a good foundation to kick start your career in implementing behaviour intervention plans by working in liaison with a multidisciplinary team of occupational therapists, psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, and general practitioners. We offer training in Autism, Positive Behaviour Support, and self-protection skills. Working with TLC provides opportunities for career progression for its staff working through from frontline support on to management level.
As a company we pride ourselves on the understanding of Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) and believe this is key to supporting people to overcome personal challenges. The people we support need staff who are:
- Patient, understanding and caring.
- Vibrant, enthusiastic, and fun.
- Energetic and like physical outdoor activities.
- Flexible and have a positive ‘can always do’ attitude.
- Able to communicate with different people using a variety of approaches.
- Able to follow guidelines to help achieve a consistent approach.
- Willing to learn more about autism and behaviour coaching.
- Able to share your interests and hobbies with the people we support.
It would be desirable for applicants to hold a full valid driving license and have access to their own vehicle or be willing to drive a manual Motability vehicle.
Benefits We Offer you :
- Paid DBS Check prior to starting with us.
- 5.6 weeks annual leave
- Quarterly Recognition Awards
- Stakeholder Pension
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Blue Light Card
- Refer a Friend Recruitment Care Friends – Earn Money
TLC Care Homes are currently one of the fastest growing care providers in the UK, providing Residential Care and Supported Living Services to people we care for who either have a learning disability, an autistic spectrum disorder with associated complex challenging needs and/or a mental health diagnosis.
We provide residential homes, supported living accommodation for the people we care for. Ensuring the voice of those we support is actively listened to, working for us often means that no two days are the same, but the care and support we give is of consistently high quality, with CQC rating all our services good, and many outstanding.
*Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
If you would like to save your form and come back to it, or save your details for future job applications please login or register first.